At CNA, green practices have been a part of our day to day operations for many years. We’re pleased to expand our commitment to the environment with the announcement of our EcoCare ® Property Upgrade Extension Endorsement. This property coverage that helps protect your clients’ future and the future of the planet. The endorsement applies to building and personal property owned by the insured. This coverage provides green building upgrades in the event of a covered loss to the building or contents, subject to a specified percentage or dollar limit purchase. Upgrades could encompass green structures, materials or processes incorporating energy, water, and material efficiencies and environmental quality.
- Vegetative roofs
- Recycling additional expenses
- Architect and engineering expenses
- Certification or recertification expenses
- Ventilation of reconstructed buildings
- Business Income
- Coverage is provided by scheduled location for a stated percentage increase over the normal covered loss or limit (whichever is less), and can be capped with per occurrence dollar limits.
- For buildings with existing green features, CNA’s standard property coverages contemplate rebuilding with like kind and quality green features under our existing replacement cost coverage.
- CNA’s building ordinance or law coverage provides green updates as required by ordinance or law.
- CNA’s EcoCare ® Property Upgrade Extension Endorsement provides insureds with a green orientation, the option to repair damage resulting from a covered loss with green materials or components, subject to a specified ptional limit purchased.
- Does not require Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification.
For more information, please contact your local CNA underwriter or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.